By Leif Palmer
Posted on August 20, 2019
We're all about helping folks find Gatlinburg parking, but for most visitors, that's one of the very first things they do when they arrive in town. After that, there's a lot of time to fill, and most of our guests find plenty of ways to have fun, whether it's visiting a local attraction or shopping in one of our many retail or craft destinations.
But chances are there's something else you're going to want to do while you're in town, and that's sit down for a meal or two. If you're in town for a vacation or a weekend getaway, you'll want to plan for a number of meals, which is why we're using this week's post to offer you lots of suggestions for places you can go in Gatlinburg to get a tasty breakfast, lunch or dinner.
• T.G.I. Friday's – This popular brand has been around for decades, serving a wide array of American fare and beverages in a fun atmosphere. It's on the Parkway.
• The Melting Pot – This chain of restaurants is a unique place to gather for fondue-cooked foods likes cheeses, meats, vegetables, chocolate and more. It's a multicourse experience that's great for romantic dinners our or milestone celebrations. It's also on the Parkway.
• Crockett's Breakfast Camp – Start your day off right with this Parkway eatery's wide array of morning favorites, including eggs and omelets, pancakes and waffles, oatmeal and grits, and much more.
• The Park Grill – Get that national park feel at this popular restaurant that's built in the style of a mountain lodge, featuring authentic Rocky Mountain timbers. The menu offers lots of fish, chicken and steak dishes and a uniquely tempting selection of desserts. It's on the Parkway near the national park entrance.
• The Peddler Steakhouse – Steaks are the name of the game at this popular long-time eatery on River Rd. downtown. You can find just about any cut of steak you like, and they're expertly prepared, complete with your favorite sides.
• Bones BBQ Joint – For you barbecue fans, this restaurant on Historic Nature Trail is a must stop. Its smoked fare includes pulled pork, brisket, smoked chicken, sausage, ribs, wings and much more.
• No Way Jose's – This downtown spot offers a wide selection of south-of-the-border favorites, from tacos and burritos to enchiladas and fajitas. There's something for everyone!
• Blaine's Grill & Bar – Located in the heart of downtown Gatlinburg, Blaine's has appetizers, award-winning ribs, burgers, entrees, pasta dishes, desserts and even a gluten-free menu, all served in a fun atmosphere.
About Leif Palmer
Leif Palmer loves residing in Gatlinburg. He is an avid outdoorsman: rowing for exercise on the lake, trail hiking, and free climbing rocks in the mountains. He indulges his arty side by periodically beating up pieces of marble by sculpting. He is always frustrated by his inability to sink long putts, and hates his curly hair (but his wife loves it). Leif has been known to muster enough courage to change a diaper, and hopes his son will become a chip off the old block.